- Available to all VA Medical Centers and virtual pharmacists 24 hours a day, 7 days a week
- Consults with VA Medical Centers to develop and continually improve training standards and operational procedures for virtual pharmacists
- Ensure all virtual pharmacists to comply with VA annual training requirements
- “VA Privacy and Information Security Awareness and Rules of Behavior”
- “Contractor Rules of Behavior, VA Handbook 6500, Appendix D”
Our virtual pharmacists are available for VA Medical Center staff consultation as well as computer system support via a provided toll-free phone number during VA Medical Center after hours. Each pharmacist is equipped with computer systems that maintain a combined minimum up-time performance rate of 99% and are knowledgeable of VA formulary, restrictions and criteria for use of non formulary drugs.
- Comply with The Joint Commission standards
- VetPRO certified with PIV card access
- Trained and proficient in both the VISTA and CPRS systems, they are thoroughly experienced with the VA Medical Hospital system.
- All of our pharmacists have completed clearance of a “low risk” national background investigation