Verify inpatient prescriptions, ER orders, and IMO orders, that have been entered into CPRS and will log-in to VISTA to check pending/non-verified orders in a timely manner during the after hours when the local pharmacy closes until it reopens, 7 days a week. WPS will provide you with a toll-free number for medial staff to request information and have access to pharmacists throughout the night.
Each medication is reviewed for the following:
- A diagnosis, condition, or indication for use
- drug-to-drug interactions
- Dose, frequency, and route of administration are appropriate based on indication, disease state, age, potential and actual food and drug interactions, renal/hepatic function
- Therapeutic duplications
- Resident allergies or potential sensitivities
- Potential and actual adverse drug reactions